What is a cookie?
So – what is a cookie? When you enter a site your computer will automatically be issued with a cookie. Cookies are text files which identify your computer to our server. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their site, in order to track traffic flows. Cookies themselves only record which areas of the site have been visited by the computer in question, and for how long. Users have the opportunity to set their computers to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time, although this of course means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user. You should read the information that came with your browser software to see how you can do this. Even assuming you have not set your computer to reject cookies, you can browse our sites anonymously until such time as you register your information with SPRIMNET CONSULT LTD.
What do cookies tell us?
- better understand our audience and supporters, for example by estimating our audience size and patterns and tracking the level of interest in our campaigns;
- track your preferences and personalise the sites to your requirements and interests. For example: if on a previous visit you went to, say, the [Imagine Campaign] pages, then we might find this out from your cookie and highlight particular information – which you may find interesting, on a second visit;
- avoid lengthy registration/personalisation on each visit;
- display relevant promotion, communications and appeals on other websites you visit;
- Improve and update our websites.
How do we collect and analyze cookies?
SPRIMNET CONSULT LTD does not collect and analyze the data to create cookies directly; we use a specialist service provider which both collects information on your preferences from your visits to our websites and analyzes your preferences from cookies already stored in your browser.
We obtain this information by enabling Google Analytics to analyze the traffic on our websites via "Google Advertising Cookies". Google Advertising Cookies are a series of cookies already stored in your browser that compile data from your browsing preferences. You can see the types of cookies used by Google and learn more about the different categories in the Google Privacy & terms.
We may change our specialist service provider at any time without notice to you and will update this Policy as necessary at that time.
What can you do if you do not want us to use your cookies?
- Configure how we use your Google Analytics information.
- If you would like to opt out of all Google Analytics tracking services then you can install an Add-on. Find out about more about Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- Alternatively, you can use your browsers’ private browsing mode. Common browsers like Google Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer have this functionality.
How do I opt-out of the collection and use of information for promotional purposes generally?
There are many websites that provide guidance on how to opt out of the collection and use of your information for promotional purposes that are not limited to SPRIMNET CONSULT LTD web properties. For example:
- Google Ads settings
- Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page
- Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Choice Tool
Do you share data from cookies with other organizations?
We may share your data from your cookies with partners, agents or service providers to understand our supporters more effectively and to further SPRIMNET CONSULT LTD’s mission.